Re: upgrading versus fresh install

Matt H. wrote/ha scritto, On/il 14/02/2004 08:16:

Hi
I usually do a fresh install of each new release. If however I wanted to
do an upgrade instead (I want to re-install), what aspects of my
current configuration/installation would be saved and what would be
changed?

For example, all the up2date updates I've installed would be kept? That
would be my main worry. How would all my custom config files be dealt
with? Browser plugins, bookmarks, personal $HOME files etc?

Thanks

I made a fresh install and an upgrade (from RH8) on two similar machines at same time and the final user sees only the difference in the screen at boot.
In any case please back-up your important data, in case that upgrade will not work properly.

Rgds

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
    Uso Mozilla 1.6 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1