Modem not detected.

Hi All,

I'm not able to configure my modem on laptop. I have Dell Inspiron 8500. Fedora installed successfully thought every time i boot my machine, It stops at activating network and then i get error of unresolved IP address for ethernet card eth0. To avoid this, i removed the card from system settings.

Yesterday only i got internet connection so I tried it on my laptop but i was unaware that Fedora never detected the modem on my laptop. I tried running internet connection wizard and network configurator but couldn't make it to detect my modem. I feel, i can make an external modem connect to serial port to work as i've done it before on RH5.6 but i want to use the inbuilt modem. I'm not very good at Linux but want to explore and understand it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas