Question about up2date

I only have one system currently running fedora, but was curious, can I download the header and rpm files from a mirror and basically set up my own mirror for subsequent machines I may have. On the other machines I would change up2date

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

and point them to the new sources.  Same with yum?

Would this be the way to do it or do I need something else?

Any how to's on creating your own local mirror?