Re: If you run 2.6 kernel and 2.4 kernel - hdx=ide-(cd vs. scsi)

Dag Wieers wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Jim Cornette wrote:

Just a note for people moving over to the 2.6 kernel and have 2.4 kernels also. CD burning for the 2.6 kernel uses hdx=ide-cd instead of hdx=ide-scsi - Currently burning Fedora Core 2 Test1 - (after editing grub.conf and rebooting)

Actually, you better just leave it out. SCSI emulation used to be a real hack and we can finally leave it behind us. The kernel obviously knows the difference between SCSI and IDE, thank god ;)

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --

Leaving out the option altogether used to be my choice. I burned a coaster with the ide-cd option to the kernel and switched to fedora core 1 with the 2.4 kernel to burn the isos.

I saved the cdroaster output of the coaster for future bug reports for development.

Thanks for the tip. I will try without the options. I believe the last time that I removed all of the options to the kernel, the cdroms were not recognized and added to /etc/fstab. Therefore, I could not mount the cdburner or the dvd-rw.

Jim

BTW - Your version of Firefox works great.

--
"The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, `What does
woman want?'"