Re: RedHat, Fedora future?

Actually, I think that a graphical front end to yum could be much better than Add/Remove programs. Just think if you want an application and you can go to a configuration panel that gives a list of application type and then download and install off of the Internet. Hum, a new development thread.

Thank God for apt equipped with Synaptic.

I look at it this way. I am a student and I need a program to draw chemical symbols. I go to yum-gui and select scientific, chemical, drawing and get a list of applications. I can then select install or more info to be automatically linked to the maintainers WWW site.

Now again we come to the aspect of ease of installation and compatibility between distros. I know that there are a large number of applications that are not made into RPM's that many would use.

Austin