Re: log wiever

sid wrote:
Hello
in the log wiever I do not know how to make so, that last the recording of log is in top of the list and not in bottom. How to arrange the list by :
last arrived - > in top of the list?
Because when the log update the log go to the top of the list. when you 've got a long list and when you want to follow some events how it goes, it' s not wery confortable.
thank you
Jean-François DUMONT
I'm sorry.. I don't have an answer to your question.. but I do have a couple suggestions...

I feel that "Log Viewer" is over-rated. I prefer to view my logs directly in the /var/logs dir. If you use the less command
(example: less /var/log/messages (or other log file).. the END key should take you to the bottom. *shrug*

Also, if you just want to see the last 100 (or ?) lines of a file.. try the tail command (see "man tail").
For example, if I want to see the last 100 lines of my maillog file.. I can use:
# tail -100 /var/log/maillog

Hope this is helpful.