Re: XFCE/Fedora questions

Ben Steeves wrote:
I want to run XFCE as my default environment, but it doesn't seem to
"stick".  GDM says I need to use "switchdesk" to change my default
desktop, but XFCE doesn't appear in the list (only GNOME, KDE, and TWM).

Have you tried to make an XFCE file in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions ?

Second question: I've put firefox on my launch panel, and it works fine the first time I click on it, but the second time, it tries to launch a second instance rather than just a new window in the original instance, and gives me a profiles dialog. Any way to just get it to open a new window and not complain?

With FireBird0.7 (and probably also with FireFox0.8) you can use the remote command. For example:

MozillaFirebird -remote "OpenURL(http://fedora.redhat.com, new-window)"

Regards

Jantho