Re: Value of WinXP and RHPW [was re:User Linux]

David Jansen wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:38:14PM -0500, jrt1@xxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]

Gimp has been ported to Windows.  Open Office is available for Windows.
So I think adding them to the windows price is also not fair.  However, it
is true that Open Office and Gimp come pre-installed with RH.

I use Linux because I like it, not because it costs less.  Ultimately,
we want the Linux experience to be better than windows.  Pre-installed,
useful software does help accomplish this goal.

Apart from price lists and just as much off-topic as most of this
discussion], I have another observation here: Why is it people are ok
with downloading and installing tons of additional software to turn
windows into something which starts to resemble a decent operating
system on the one hand, but on the other hand, this list is swamped with requests like "why doesn't FC include nvidia/mp3/flash/java/your_favorite
non_free_or_otherwise_unavailable_app_here" ?

I don't know the answer, just something to share with the list...

David Jansen

LOL

We're human. We'll never be happy. We want the free stuff on Windows and the commercial stuff on Linux... go figre.

--

* catscratch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx *