Re: USB Storage device/MP3 Player/Voice recorder

Hello,

This works quite well. However, I have had a some little problem with mine. Now it works fine. Or at least the last time I tried that is ....

Now a second ago.
I could mount it again...

Of course the following information might depend on the usb stick.
But I suppose that it should work for most usb sticks.
well for mounting it you only need to mount it:

add at the end of fstab:
   /dev/sda1       /mnt/usbstick   auto noauto,user 0 0

or mount it as vfat.

In mine, you then only need to copy the files in the right directory.
in my case:

I have directories: ( this might be really different depending on manufacturers... I guess):
voice and music
plus some property file ".dat".

Hope this helps...

Julien

P.S: It was at the beginning a bit of the pain in the ass. Becasue the partition tables of the usb sticks were not really compatible with the partitions. So I had some problem with it.

J.L. Coenders wrote:

Hi,
I am interested in buying a USB Stick/MP3 Player/Recorder and I am wondering about the current support under Linux. Are these devices easy to mount? Are they well supported? Can anyone explain how to mount such a device?

Thanks,
Jeroen