Re: User Linux

At 23:24 2/9/2004, you wrote:
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 23:12, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> 3) I prefer a solution that does what I generally do right out of the
> box.  The only MSW system here is a server running A1 monitor and the
> Mailtraq mail server, so I don't have the options of listening to MP3s,
> for example, on Windows, nor do I want to have to continually install
> non-supported "stuff"to do what I want to do.

I think that because of RH's stance on "free software" you're going to
have to work around the non-supported stuff. This could be a definite
deal breaker. I don't use my Linux boxes for music or anything
recreational (unless you call hacking a recreation), I use my iMac.

I think Jeff was saying that he doesn't listen to MP3's on Windows either, so not having it on Fedora would not be a problem. However, I could still be misreading that post, since I'm not 100% I understood it fully. Especially the "...nor do I want to have to continually install non-supported "stuff" to do what I want to do" part.

Don't know if this was of any help/use for you but it's all I got this
late at night (it's 2 1/2 hours past my bed time).

Hey, why do *you* get a bedtime? Is that fair, I ask you?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com