Re: Cable modem, router, and nic

Hugo Perez Casanova wrote:

Hi.

3Com has a cable/dsl firewall router 3c857 and a wireless version. I recently saw that they also provide one with a built in dsl modem.

I've been using the first one for a while and they work transparently to any Linux version.

I think any of the external cable/dsl router/modems will be seamless with Linux. The ethernet side would be DHCP and the modem/router would handle all the connection details.