Re: which file manager you use? (Moving OT)

Bevan Bennett wrote:

I still haven't forgiven midnight commander for being a command only one key off from 'mv'.
I'd go to move a file, slip one key to the left (my touch typing wasn't very good back then) and this confusing curses-based thing would pop up and start configuring itself.

How sad is it to hold grudges against software programs...

I still havn't forgiven the idiots who made an 'e' command to start emacs and put it into /usr/local/bin on some SCO systems. 'e' to exit, 'e' to exit, 'e' to exit, WTF?!?!?!

And for a vi user like myself, trying to remember that Alt-Shift-Ctrl-Meta-Meta-Hop on one leg-x-x-die you $%^#$@ sequence was next to impossible...

   I've been considering a 'y' command to start vi as revenge.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899