Re: Fedora won't boot successfully after installation

Stefan Frank wrote:

Hello,

After installing Fedora Core 1, my computer won't boot Linux successfully, ending with the message

    mkrootdev: label / not found
        Mounting root filesystem
        mount: error 2 mounting ext3

and a Kernel panic because it can't find an init.

When booting from the installation CD, already, i get the message
unable to read partition table

This is your first clue you are in trouble.

Repartition the drive ---  force it to do that.

I have had cases where the windows partition wa sunreadable because of differences in how the os read the drive -- logincal mapping of the CHS was different and it would not work. I blew away the partition table completely, rebooted, then created a new partition table and everything was happy.