Re: Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1) questions

Jack Bowling wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:27:48AM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:

I've taken the plunge and updated from core 1 to Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1). Some nose bleeding has taken place, but so far OK. I do have some questions and observations:[snip]

3) usb hotplug does not seem to be working. If I tail /var/log/messages and insert a usb device, I get nothing in the log file. It is as if the hotplug is not fireing at all. Any ideas on this?[snip]

I have to plug my usbstick in twice to get it to come up. No biggie.
However, devlabel is not working for device-based UUIDs such as are found
on usbsticks. The partition magic number is not being added to the UUID so
the fstab link just points to the device whereon, of course, no files can
be found. I'll file a bug...

Cool, I however, do not get that reaction. Thanks for the hint.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Shifts in paradigms