RE: Dumb Newbie

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 17:23, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 12:21, Jwp wrote:
> > Well after a fresh install of postfix, setting my inet_interfaces = all and
> > restarting postfix has allowed me to telnet to port 25 with the linux box
> > itself, through localhost and I was also able to connect a telnet session
> > from another box on my lan to port 25.
>
> All of which means zilch, as far as the rest of the world is concerned.
> Everyone else still has to traverse through your ISP's routers.
>
> --
> Jason Dixon, RHCE
> DixonGroup Consulting
> http://www.dixongroup.net
Did you set up postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx
You may have to let us know a real e-mail address @b-dub.org.
I think I actually received a rejection for your machine from a test
message to postmaster@xxxxxxxxx
You can test up a test user for email under users and select
/sbin/nologin.
that way you can delete it when testing is done.
Regards Roger