RE: Dumb Newbie

> But we still don't know for sure (unless I missed a posting) if there is
> a router between the LAN and the internet ?
> If there is and it's not configured correctly that could still be
> stopping the incoming port 25.
> Regards Roger
>

> --

Yes there is a router connecting the lan to the internet.  And I do have it
set up to forward port 25 through to the linux box running postfix.

>do a tail -f /var/log/maillog and ,
>with it running , do a service postfix restart.
>You'll see on maillog all the errors that are

Umm Not sure about the tail command and when I typed in tail -f... I just
got blank lines and no other command lines?  What am I doing wrong?

Also I uninstalled postfix and I am about to re-install and start fresh.
Sorry to be so ignorant.  Also thank you Alexander for educating me so
eloquently on proper etiquette.

Thanks aganin,
JP