Re: Nvidia Problems || Version 1.0-5336

On 2004.02.07 19:46:27 "Met @ Uber" <met@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recently installed the latest Nvidia drives (# 1.0-5336 - an upgrade
> from 1.0-4496), and I'm having some problems.  The install went perfect,
> but whenever I close and then reopen my laptop, it fails to show the
> display.  I get a perfectly blank screen.  Any suggestions?

(this is probably a little off target ... but maybe close enough to be useful)

Suggestion: Go back to 1.0-4496

Explanation:

FWIW, I have an RH 9 box (don't have an nvidia in the fedora1 box) which had
exactly the same problem - 1.0-4496 ran perfectly; I upgraded to 1.0-5336 and
the upgrade appeared to run perfectly. After the upgrade, I, too, got
apermanently blank screen.  SO I backed the new version out and went back to
1.0-4496 and everything was OK.  I repeated the install of 1.0-5336 and had the
same results again, so I went back to the previous version and will stay there
until the next nvidia version comes out (or until the acclerated xfree86
drivers are working).

Good luck,
--
bill austin		waustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
have you been mauled by your airedale today?