RedHat 9.0 vs. Fedora?

by the time, I am a RedHat 9.0 user and I got used to that system so that I am hesitationg to "upgrade" to FedoraProject, do you think it'll bring more advantages to change to a new system?
And is there also something like an up2date??

Cameron Showalter wrote:

like George said, use sudo, you can set up specific users to do root tasks. http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudo.html

Hakan Kara wrote:

I thought it would serve to more security in my system...
is it not a security problem to know the name of su on a system to get easier into it ?

Cameron Showalter wrote:

extremely bad security practice...
create a real user and add that user to group root in /etc/group

don't go any further than that.
if you are a risk taker, just use root. but as i said, extremely bad security practice.

is there a reason for it?

Hakan Kara wrote:

Hi
can anyone tell me how to rename the root user?
I'd like to have only a root user but with another name?
Thanks
Hakan