Re: MySQL 4 RPM question..

Schlueri wrote:

Am Fr, den 06.02.2004 schrieb WipeOut um 13:34:

Hi,

Following up on my prevoius questions about using MySQL 4..

Somone pointed me to this page..
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql/

Its a nice easy to follow guide but I am still unsure why the RPM's provided by MySQL can't be used on FC1..

I mailed the author but did not get a response..

Would someone far cleverer than me plase explain why the MySQL RPM's can't be used and why I have to build them myself on FC1??

I have no problems with the original mysql rpms on 5 FC1 Machines, one of this production enviroment (yes, it's stable!).

To install mysql 4 on your FC1 Box, go to
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.0.html

1.)
Download RPMS from mysql.com:

Server, Client programs,  Libraries and header files (if you need devel
rpms!), Dynamic client libraries (including 3.23.x libraries)

2.)
Remove existing mysql rpms via 'rpm -e --nodeps {name}', if installed.
Check this with 'rpm -qa|grep -i mysql'.

3.) Install the downloaded mysql rpms...

Excellent!!

Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case.. :)

Later..