Re: Boot Disk

Michael Gargiullo wrote:

Going back... I don't seem to be able to reproduce the original problem.

# mkbootdisk --device /tmp/foo.img 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl

I've tried this... I get a No space left on disk error...

Is there anywhere on your harddrive that you do have space to try this? Note that I'm outputting to a file, -not- directly to floppy.

What version of mkbootimg do you have?
Are large numbers of strange drivers involved?

My point is that the kernel itself is -not- inherently too big to make a boot floppy from in at least my straight FC1 install, which implies that there's something else with either your configuration or version of mkbootimg that is causing the trouble.

How can I make a bootable cd (point to a website) that will act like a
disk made via mkbootdisk.

My only cd-burner right now is on a windows machine.

Google suggests the following might help:

http://cfm.gs.washington.edu/~adioso/HOWTO/RedHat/RHCustomCD.xml
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue68/tag/11.html