Re: Promise Fast Track 378 TX S-ATA Kernel Module HOWTO for Fedora posted

Thanks for the feedback Dean,

would it not be sufficient to install the kernel-source rpm , complie the module against it and then copy it to where it would sit in the kernel modules directory
ie /usr/kernel..xx../modules/scsi/ module
and then install the kernel this is what I have done with the ftxx module and it has been working , that way it gets loaded automatically

I'm not saying that my way is the _best_ way, but I had zero luck with the ft3xx driver. The method in my howto is what worked in the end for me. I'm going to give the ft3xx another try though when I can.

Best!

-Matthew
--
Matthew Walburn, RHCE