Re: Red Hat Linux Install Failure with Promise FastTrak TX Onboard SATA150 RAID Chipset

That would be great , as i stated i struggled with compliling the ft3xx module for the kernel-boot

I was also unable to get the ft3xx module working. I was only successful after I found the following module alluded to on the kernel mailing list:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0307.2/2039.html

It discusses the GPLed Promise driver pdc-ultra-1.00.0.10.tgz. This is the one I used in my boot disk and in all module recompiles since. It is still being hosted by busybox at:

http://www.busybox.net/pdc-ultra-1.00.0.10.tgz

but I have also put it on my server as well at:

http://www.railwave.com/files/pdc-ultra-1.00.0.10.tgz

and I've moved the boot disk to:

http://www.railwave.com/files/fedora_fasttrack.img

Unfortunately it may be a little while before I can figure out how I got this to work as I was forced to make this new "test machine" a temporary printer server during our Fedora/CUPS RH7.3/LPRng transistion! 8)

I do however, have a pdc-ultra module recompile HOWTO that I will be posting later in the week.

-M

--
Matthew Walburn, RHCE
Network Assistant - x. 3-4995