Re: wine

Dirk Wendland wrote:

What Applications do you want to run with wine or what happens that you
don´t like wine

The only complaint I have is, kernel fiddling.

I don't know if it's a RH specific problem but, almost everytime I get all my apps
working under wine, a new kernel comes out, and wine is broken again.

It's getting really tiresome for me. I need FileMaker Pro and USR Total Control
Manager, and they don't have linux versions.

After the last kernel I have had to remove pre-linking of exec-sheild to get FileMaker
to work, but now it can't print. The USR Total Control Manager software runs, but
can't open any of its 'documents'. After moving to Fedora everything worked just fine.

I have the wine-20040121-1fc1winehq RPM from WineHQ installed.

Maybe I will have to recompile wine from the source RPM or delete my wine-c
directory and re-install both the apps I need.

Any advice would be appreciated.