Re: Nortel Netlock VPN client

Neal D. Becker wrote:
Gunnar vS Kramm wrote:

Original e-mail from: Ben Steeves (bcs@xxxxxxxxxx):

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting Nortel's Netlock VPN client working in
Fedora Core 1?  The supplied RH8 SRPM builds & installs fine, but once
it's installed (not even running), my network is dead, and the start_cvc
command can't connect to http://127.0.0.1:9161 like it's supposed to.

Jim Drabb sent an e-mail to the list back in November asking this very
question and didn't get a response -- I tried e-mailing him directly but
the mail bounced... Jim, if you're out there, did you ever get this
working?

Ben
--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx

Ben,

I have also been trying to get the Netlock client working with Fedora.  I
have not gotten it to work. I finally contacted Tech Support about this
and
they confirmed that the do not have a client for Fedora yet.  I think they
said that might have one ready in May.

By the way Nortel sold the Netlock Client to Apani Networks
(www.apani.com). It was their tech. support I talked to.

Don't know if this will help, but maybe openvpn could help you.  It's great,
and MUCH simpler than ipsec-based VPN.

Netlock is not ipsec-based. It actually functions over an ssh tunnel. There should be a beta available soon for FC1. Unfortunately, they may focus on RHEL3 before they work on FC1, but I think the issues are the same.

Shannon McMackin
mcmackin@xxxxxxxxxxx