Re: Bug in NPTL in handling pthread_attr

Am Di, den 03.02.2004 schrieb Abhijeet Bisain um 02:44:
> Hi,
>
> 	I just installed fedora core 1 and wanted to try out the NPTL library.
> Then I got the latest kernel and all pkg updaed.
>
> 	I wrote a small program to create a thread at a certain real time priority
> by setting the schedpolicy and sched_param in the pthread_attr that I pass
> to the pthread_create. In the created thread, i check the sched_param to
> make sure its priority and schedpolicy are set correctly.
>
> 	To my surprise, the policy and priority were both set to 0,even though I
> had set them to SCHED_FIFO and 20 respectively.  Has anyone else seen this?
>
> 	Can somebody please explain if I am doing something wrong? I used
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to switch between linuxthreads and NPTL. Linuxthreads
> seems to pass this test.
>
> Here's the code. This code when compiled prints

[ snip ]

> Thanks,
> Abhijeet

1) Please do NOT hijack foreign threads! Mails on the list have
reference header tags and thus your mail breaks threads.

2) You should report it to bugzilla if you think you discovered a bug.
Anyway you probably you should better post such questions to the
fedora-devel-list.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 14:02:06 up 3 days, 13:02, load average: 0.10, 0.15, 0.16
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]