Re: CD Burning Software

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 13:44, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Eelco Hoekema wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 14:40, Harald Glatt wrote:
> >
> >>I'd prefer something that doesn't depend on kde, do you know something
> >>for gnome?
> >

> > You could try pigeon:
> > project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnome-cd-burner/
> > screenshots:  http://gnome-cd-burner.sourceforge.net/
>
> gtoaster works, as does Xcdroast, and both come with FC1 (of course,
> the program that does the grunt work is cdrecord).

The problems with these two apps are that the UI is outdated, does not
fit in well with Gnome 2.x and they are not very user-friendly.  I
switched my brother-in-law (non-tech savvy) to FC1 and Gnome.  He puked
at how horrible XCdroast and gcombust are.  He really like k3b, even
more then Nero.  The problem with him using a KDE app is that his laptop
is older and only has 10GB.  He is a photographer and needs all the
space he can get for images instead of wasting it on KDE libs.  IMO, the
only thing that Gnome 2.x lacks as a complete desktop is a CD burning
app.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA