Re: Lexmark 1020

Tim Waugh wrote:

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:12:30AM -0500, M.Hockings wrote:

In the FWIW category, I have a Lexmark 2050 for which FC1 has a driver (c2050) but it dunna seem to work at all.

Reports like this should probably go in Bugzilla, by the way. If we're shipping a driver that doesn't work, it sounds like it needs fixing or removing.

Tim.
*/

Hi Tim,

I guess I figured that it was a high probability that it was me not setting things up correctly somehow that was somehow inhibiting it's function. Other than saying that "it doesn't do anything" I don't know enough about printing in Linux to give sufficient info in a defect (IMHO). Plus the fact that I'd like to see y'all working on the existing defects (such as 91773, hint hint) that probably affect a greater number of users than some old printer not working.

Now, I should add that after being unsuccessful in getting the 2050 to work I also tried an old Proprinter X24 impact printer and could not get it to print anything other than garbage. So my ability to set up a locally connected printer was (in my mind anyway) in question.

Kind regards,

Mike