Re: Upgrading Production line PCs

On 02/02/2004 05:28 Chadley Wilson wrote:
This may be silly for you but I am an ass when it comes to SQL I mean a
newbie will probably know more than me but I want to learn,

How do you dump ms sql?

I mean dump == replace. This link might give you some ideas of the issues involved:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2001-09/msg00013.php

As other posters have pointed out, there would probably be some re-coding involved. Obviously we can't know how much effort would be involved.

You mention a custom app in another thread (Xalt?). How are you planning to run this under Fedora? Are you going to re-write it for Linux or attempt to run it under Wine or VMWare?

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller Business |