OT: Belkin wireless products

In today's Sunday newspaper, Office Max is advertising some very good rebate deals on Belkin 802.11g wireless products. (Actually they say 54G. Is there a difference?) I was looking at the wireless router and the wireless notebook card. The PC card would go in a Dell Latittude laptop that mostly runs Windows 2000, but on which I also run Linux (Redhat 9 currently, though I plan to update to Fedora Core 1). I know very little about the relative merits of different vendors' wireless products. So I was hoping to get some opinions from folks on this list.

Is the Belkin router and adapter worth having? Will the laptop adapter work with Linux? Any thing else I should know about them?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson