Re: ncftp vs. lftp?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 18:38, Jason Dixon wrote:
>
> >   So, though both ncftp and lftp are probably on par feature-wise and
> > stability-wise (non-brokenness), the few small advantages of lftp make
> > me not miss ncftp all that much (GNU readline, GPL, others I'm sure I've
> > left out).  Try it, you just might like it."
>
> AFAIK, neither of them support Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication, which is
> a feature I miss so much.

lftp has some features that ncftp doesn't.

First of all you can use it for HTTP. It will show links on websites as if
it were files and directories. It helps greatly navigating through
websites (if you're not interested in the content ;))

lftp has a mirror feature using regular expressions, which is greatly
appreciated.

The next incarnation of lftp, version 3.0, will support sftp (it can do
ftp over ssh already).

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --