Random System Crashes

Hello,

I'm new to Linux, and I've just downloaded and installed the Fedora Core. Installation and configuration went smoothly, and I can work in the GNOME environment normally. However, it seems that every 1/2 hour or so, even in the middle of working on something, I get a crash. The computer is still on (i.e. I can still eject the CD-ROM drive, the power light is on), but my monitor turns off (as if it's gone into power-saving mode) and no keystrokes or mouse clicks will revive it (not even Ctrl-Alt-Del).

I have the latest Linux kernel (as provided by the automatic updater), and everything else works just fine. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Mike Chepesky