Re: CPU Temp under lm sensors

Mike Chambers wrote:

I was wondering if this temp reading was inline with what it was suppose
to be or how to find out?

There is a file, /etc/sensors.conf, which has algebraic formulas in it for converting the raw numbers which the i2c modules return to temperature, fan speed, and the like. These formulas are specific to your motherboard manufacturer.

I was lucky. Tyan has released official versions of /etc/sensors.conf for at least some of its motherboards. Check with the manufacturer of yours, or do a Google search on "+your_motherboard_manufacturer +sensors.conf"

Stephen Walton
stephen.walton located at csun dot edu