Re: grub is gone

Wayne Jensen wrote:

well i have a compaq and it came with windows. compaq also has a partition on the primary hard drive for recovery. compaq system recovery ran after I installed linux but I cancelled it because I didnt want my windows info wiped out. Would it be a good idea to put my hard drives into removable trays so I dont have to use a bootloader altogether? -Wayne

You always need a boot loader, but yes if you want to run two seperate systems then its not a bad ide to get removable drive tray's..