KDE 3.1.95 rpm install

I am having some trouble getting the new KDE beta up and running.

I had/have 3.1.4 running in Fedora.

I downloaded the 3.1.95 fedora rpms from ftp.kde.org, got a few extra packages to satisfy dependencies, got out of x and did an rpm -Uvh on the directory containing all the necessary packages. Seemed to go off without a hitch. The only messages were that certain packages had already been installed.

I went to start up x again, logged in and found that I was still in KDE 3.1.4.

What did I do wrong or what do I still need to do to get 3.1.95 going?

Do I need to uninstall the old kde? edit some config or xsession files? I'm not even sure where the new KDE files installed. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric