Re: Can't seem to disable STARTTLS in Fedora sendmail

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:32:19 -0800 (PST), Wayne Johnson <wdtj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a new Fedora system that is suppose to send it's mail (using
sendmail, no flames PLEASE!), to smtp.comcast.net.  When we attempt to
send it from a local account, we get an error back that the user is
invalid.  Strange, but it works find for mail being relayed from/for
other windows machines.
[snip]
il.mc, etc.), but sendmail continues to attempt TLS.

How do I turn TLS off!

This is probably a question better suited to a sendmail mailing list/newsgroup but...

The sendmail book lists the following mc file directives that relate to starttls:

define(`CERT_DIR', `/etc/mail/certs')
define(`confCACERT_PATH', `CERT_DIR')
define(`confCACERT', `CERT_DIR`'/cacert.pem')
define(`confSERVER_CERT', `CERT_DIR`'/client.cert.pem')
define(`confSERVER_KEY', `CERT_DIR`'/client.key.pem')
define(`confCLIENT_CERT', `CERT_DIR`'/client.cert.pem')
define(`confCLIENT_KEY', `CERT_DIR`'/client.key.pem')

If any of these are in your sendmail.mc, remove them (or rem them out), rebuild the sendmail.cf file (with the command: m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf) and restart sendmail.

--
Adam Lanier
Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC