Re: Metacity

Steve Bergman wrote:

* click-to-raise on windows (NOT auto-raise)
What exactly is this? I thought metacity *did* click to raise.

It seems to require that you click on the menubar. Clicking in a terminal or other window does nothing that I can tell.

You can choose to click-to-focus, but I hate that sooooo much.

If you are talking 'active borders' here, it has got to be the most obnoxious, confusing, guaranteed to make a Linux-Hater out of any newbie "feature" that I have ever encountered.

It never bothered me in fvwm, although there have been some lousy implementations.

* the ability to easily choose an alternate window manager

switchdesk->KDE? ,'-)

Isn't that almost like suggesting switching to another OS?