Re: wine

Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

Guy Fraser wrote:

Check the archives, I posted a solution a couple days ago.

That's where I started, asking the earlier poster if he'd need to engage in "prelink shenanigans" in order to get Wine to work.

He'd implied that he hadn't needed to, which intrigued me (and might mislead others).

Incidently, your solution by itself did not work for me, but also performing
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield"
seemed to do the trick.

It worked for me the first time, but after I posted the message I had to do the same thing too.

If you don't want to have to do the echo every reboot you could add this line to /etc/sysctl.conf :

kernel.exec-shield = 0

I would rather do the echo command only when required, but newbies may
be uncomfortable poking values into the kernel, on a regular basis.

Have a nice day.