Re: Removing virus

As more new users move from Windows to Linux, I think I see an unexpected PR problem developing.

I can just see the CNN story now:

Users Find Linux Just As Prone To Computer Viruses as Windows

There has been a flurry of concern among users of the Linux Operation System regarding computer viruses. (Operation systems are the programs that make computers 'work'.) Some posters to the Fedora-Core internet mailing list, frequented by users of the freeware computer program, have found viruses on their Linux computers, previously thought to be immune from virus attacks. Concern has arisen as to how to detect and remove the malicious 'worms' since antivirus programs, like Norton Antivirus for Windows do not run on the Linux system. Many users have never scanned their machines, believing them to be virus proof. As an interim solution, it has been suggested that the users empty their trash folders and delete infected programs on their machines.