Sound problems

I have an odd problem with my sound on Fedora, in both KDE and GNOME (not sure if it would make a difference). Sometimes, loud sounds (like a song) come through with a lot of crackling in them. Sometimes not. I have yet to determine what causes the crackling to start, but once it starts it continues to crackle for awhile. I have a Sound Blaster Live! and I'm using whatever the default soundcard driver for it that came with Fedora is. The sound card isn't sharing any IRQ's with other devices. Any tips on how to start diagnosing and solving the problem?

Thanks,
Ryan Newberry