Re: Benefits of different file systems (Was: how about resiser?)

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

For the others like jfs or xfs I have no personal experience. I only
tried on a test system xfs and it was fast and offers ACLs (very useful
if you have a samba server in an NT/W2k/WXP environment). Some reported
a performance boost running cyrus-imapd maildir on xfs in contrast to
ext3.

XFS also has some great tools (xfs-dump for backup, xfs_repair, and xfs_growfs). SGI has used this filesystem on their unix machines for at least ten years, so it is a mature filesystem. I had used XFS for a couple of years with linux, and was very pleased. The only reason I stopped using it was because whenever RedHat came out with an updated kernel, I would have to wait for SGI to update their kernel. Since XFS support will be included in the 2.6 kernel, I will be going back to XFS.