problems with samba as a PDC server

Hi

I am trying to configure a samba to be a PDC server on a small home network. Never did it, completely newbie in this area.
Well, I read some documentation about how to do this but it's not working. From a winXP machine I can access the shares on the server. WinXP prompts for the user and password and connects correctly. When trying to configure XP as part of the domain I get an error: "The user name could not be found". When I try to log in with a nonexisting user I get a different message. When trying to connect with a normal user (not set as admin on smb.conf) I get a "Access is denied" message. So it seems like the users are been correctly identified by the server. I'm using fedora core 1 with samba 3.0.2rc1 (upgraded in hope that would work with the latest version)

Thanks
Gustavo

Here goes my smb.conf:

[global]
display charset = UTF-8
workgroup = LONDON
netbios name = FEDORA
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g domainmac -c
domain logons = Yes
os level = 65
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
local master = yes
security = user
admin users = matheus rahal
logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\homeserver\%u\winprofile

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
writable = no
browsable = no

[profiles]
; you might wish to use a different directory for your
; Windows NT/2000/XP roaming profiles
path = /home/samba-ntprof
browsable = no
writable = yes