Re: Hardware-monitor for Linux?

Jeff Stampes wrote:

As a completely uneducated idiot, I've bumbled my way through a lot of linux issues. What does it mean when running lm-sensors results in a nonstop alarm?

How are you running lm-sensors? Normally, you need to run 'sensors-detect' and follow the instructions. Look in your mobo manual and try to find exactly which monitoring chipset you have (sometimes lm-sensors will detect the wrong chipset). Then run 'sensors -s', and then a 'sensors'. If the values you see are not close to what you see from the BIOS health monitoring screen, you will probably have to make adjustments to your /etc/sensors.conf.

Which motherboard are you using? You might want to go to the lm-sensors home page and check for support for your monitor chip:

   http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/