Re: Promise Fastrack 378 S-ATA driver?

Matthew Walburn wrote:

I hope you don't mind my e-mailing yor directly. Did you get the Promise SATA150/Fastrack 378 S-ATA controller driver working with Fedora on the ASUS P4C800-E motherboard?

Not a problem at all!

I did get it working after _much_ fiddling around. I had to build a driver disk though, and every time a kernel update comes out I have to manually rebuild the module and the initial ramdisk.

I wish I would have documented it a little better, cause I've sort of forgotten. I could probably get you an img of the boot floppy I made if you're interested.

-Matthew

--
Matthew Walburn, RHCE
Network Assistant - x. 3-4995

I would be very interested if you dont mind , I could never build a module for a boot kernel which meant I had to start with rh9 and use yum to move to fc1 as I could complie the mdule for the fc1 kernel.

Regards
Dean