RE: Automount USB 2.0 HD via PCMCIA

I was thinking the same thing, that it was an invalid block device because PCMCIA modules weren't loaded. I thought there might be a deffered auto mount option, but I've since decided to use the automount daemon. Thanks for the reply though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Fones [mailto:boson245@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 9:47 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Automount USB 2.0 HD via PCMCIA

I have a WesternDigital USB 2.0 external HD which I connect through a PCMCIA port with USB 2.0 adapters. I can get it to mount easily through the mount command, but for convienence was wondering if it is possible to have it auto mount. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I've been trying for the last month or so-ever since I recieved it for christmas-to no avail. Here's what I have right now in fstab for it.

/dev/sda1  /mnt/externalhd  rw,noauto,kudzu,uid=boson245  0  0

and I had tried

/dev/sda1  /mnt/externalhd  defaults  0  0

to get it to automount. I found that line through a google search that said that would auto mount it. On bootup, it says sda1 is not a valid block device. Any ideas?

STab in the dark.. Since your USB is via PC-card, can you determine if your pc-card is starting before stuffs in /etc/fstab is mounted???

I reckon that after startup/bootup, you can mount it fine via sda1??

Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418