Re: Fedora <-> kde

Jesse Keating wrote:

This is the problem that I had with Gnome too. It seems "cartoonish".
KDE is also a bit cartoonish but not as much so, it seems to me. I
have to say, the general ease of use and graphical appearance of KDE
are very nice to my eye.

I have rather the opposite impression. Gnome looks very clean and crisp, especially w/ Bluecurve. KDE's widgets seem too bubbleish and cartoonish, as if the same person who did XP's Luna did KDE's widgets.

I think the bottom line here though is that you'll never please everybody all the time.

Once more, for old time's sake. How can KDE's or GNOME's widgets look one specific way or the other when you have a sea of themes that make them look like anything from Athena to XP?

Perhaps the default theme isn't to your liking, but on either desktop you're free to change it, and most likely you'll find something suitable in your default distribution, but if not they're easy to download and install.

Peter