Re: mozilla 1.6 fonts suck

redhat wrote:
I just upgraded Mozilla from the stock 1.4.1 that came with FC1 to 1.6
in an attempt to get Flash working - still haven't gotten that working. The fonts that came with FC1 were pretty good but the ones that come in
1.6 suck. Any ideas as to how to remedy this? They were serif fonts
and now they are adobe: times, helvetica and courier based fonts. No
options for just "serif" or "sans-serif" fonts. thanks,
DF

This topic was discussed just recently on this list so I won't repeat everything. But in short, you need a mozilla built with XFT support, you can get it here, among other places:
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/yum/SeaMonkey/releases/1.6/redhat/

Peter