Re: 3D on ATI 9200 128MB RAM

Robin Laing wrote:

Giuseppe Cavallo wrote:

So in general. If your motherboard is newer with an Nforce based motherboard, you will have to patch the kernel as stated. The patch on Nvidia's www site is for 2.4.20 kernel.

Now to learn more about "diff" files.

Hope this helps.

I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard for what it is worth.

I installed a newer kernel and I found that the support for the nForce2 chipset is already patched into it. I also found that there are patches for nForce3.

Now I am looking at another problem. My supplier may have given me the wrong card 9600SE not 9600Pro. This may not work properly. I didn't get a 9600 manual and the voltages that I did a search for on the net don't agree with the MB. This could be a problem.

I am thinking of moving to a different card.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Well, I gave up.

I purchased a Nvidia FX5600 based card on Sat. The total time to get the card, get kids out of Burger King, do some more shopping and get the card installed and running was less than 2 hours. :)

ATI needs to improve their support for linux and the quality of thier drivers. I won't suggest ATI to anyone ever again.

-- Robin Laing Instrumentation Technologist Voice: 1.403.544.4762 Military Engineering Section FAX: 1.403.544.4704 Defence R&D Canada - Suffield Email: Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PO Box 4000, Station Main WWW:http://www.suffield.drdc-rddc.gc.ca Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8K6 Canada