Re: HP PSC1210

John Wendel wrote:
On Friday 23 January 2004 04:16 am, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 23.01.2004 schrieb ÎÎÎÎÎÎÏÏÎÏ ÎÏÎÏÎÎÎÏ um 12:51:

Hi there. I have a printer-scanner HP PSC1210.
Printing works well but scanning does not although
hpoj drivers are installed and are successfully
started while initiating. I start XSane and the
messages are: "Scanning for devices" and then "no
devices available". I tried turning off and on my
scanner(-printer) but nothing..

Neither on the sane supported devices list http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html nor on the HP drivers feature matrix http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml your device is reported as beeing supported. So no way to scan with it.

Alexander

Get the latest drivers from <hpoj.sourceforge.net>. The version shipped with Fedora doesn't work with the PSC1210, but the new ones work perfectly.

Make sure the USB scanner module is NOT LOADED, since the driver has its own scanner driver. Just remove the entry in modules.conf.

Regards,

I use a PSC2110 and had similar trouble,at the hpoj site

http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml

you can find install instructions and other links,also see

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1210

With hpoj installed you need to set it up, run 'ptal-init setup'
(without the '....') it looks at paralell/usb ports and if found will
give a default name option [xxx:yyy:PSC1210] if not check -with the machine on- /proc/bus/usb/devices to see if it is registered with the
USB system.

 good luck  david