Re: Red Hat Magazine: Wide Open Magazine

>This is what made me hit the roof: The proposal disclaimer

<Rant Disclaimer="Don't read this if you're inclined to agree with the above
statement">
It's OK to freely redistribute, develop (don't some emc stuff run on
redhat???) , and market (ok, so you can't call it redhat linux but, uh white
box enterprise linux anyone?) their software, nevermind use it to run your
production website for filling your pockets, all the while not giving them
one red cent.  How many developers have WRITTEN how many pages of code
without receiving one red cent to better your computing experience.

But, how dare they use your idea to improve their product and/or linux as a
whole.

I've used redhat/fedora linux since 5.2 to run my POS website; granted I
don't make any money on it, but if i was inclined to put the effort in I
could; and they've never demanded one red cent.  As far as I'm concerned
redhat can take everything I say and cat it into a file and distribute it
the world over for $5.99 a copy and give me nothing.  Why they would want to
(and why you'd want it) I've no idea; but who cares.  If they use what you
write take some pride, tell your friends, show your coworkers, point it out
to your momma and make her proud.

So be quiet and write something, otherwise shut your greed hole and go away,
hypocrite.
</Rant>

Jason