Re: Replacement for XMMS?

Brian Hartman wrote:
Hi, everyone.

I'm a bit disappointed that Fedora doesn't include XMMS.  I tried to
install the source, but I need a version of glib that may potentially
break everything else.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Can I install
the newer RPM without breaking anything, or is there an MP3 program I
can use as a substitute for XMMS?

Thanks,

Brian

If I look at http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html I see mplayer and mpg123, mplayer is a very powerful plugin for a lot of things. The play program works fine for WAV only files.